Welcome to Lincoln's semi annual Wealth for my Health challenge!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shelly: Week 3


Total Weight Lost: 10.8 pounds
Week 1 Miles: 56
Week 2 Miles: 80
Week 3 Miles: 62
Total Miles Ridden: 198 
We’re a little more than three weeks into the WFMH challenge, and it feels like time is flying!  I know I told you that you would be getting a video regarding my bike riding goal this week, but it turns out that won’t be until next week.  I know you’re sad, but think of how much better it will be after all that build up J

Here is a brief rundown of how things have been going since my last journal:

Exercise:  I feel like I’m exercising A LOT.  There’s boot camp on Tuesday evening, and also on Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings.  I ride bicycle either outside or on a spin bike at least four times a week.  I’ve been incorporating morning running because I want to be prepared for the WFMH 5K.  It feels like I’m spending a lot of time on physical activity.  I lost 1.8 pounds this week, and I’m really glad for that, but honestly it feels like I’m working a lot harder than that. I think for me this is the week where everything is starting to seem a little harder.  It isn’t ‘new’ any more, and it’s sinking in that this is a lifestyle change.  I feel pretty tired overall, and honestly a little overwhelmed.  On a more positive note, I did visit the Lincoln Running Company for new shoes, and I can honestly say that having the right shoes makes running so much easier and more enjoyable.  Now that shin splints are a thing of the past, running in the mornings after boot camp doesn’t seem like torture.

Nutrition:  This is the first week that nutrition has been easier than exercise.  Woo hoo!  I feel like I’m really developing some skills and knowledge here.  I’m making actual recipes, using my crock pot, eating different foods every day…  It feels completely different than week one, and it feels GOOD!

Extras:  This week has been tiring and stressful.  I’m struggling to keep up with everything and prepare for an important trip.  I’m worried about keeping up with the exercise and eating while in Washington DC next week, and I’m worried about doing well in the competition aspect if I have a bad week.  I think I might be worrying too much, and I figured that there would be a period of time in this challenge that things felt more difficult, so I guess the best thing to do is ‘keep on keeping on’...


No comments:

Post a Comment