Welcome to Lincoln's semi annual Wealth for my Health challenge!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shelly: Week Eight


Total Weight Lost: 20 pounds through 10/10/11.
Week 1 Miles: 56
Week 2 Miles: 80
Week 3 Miles: 62
Week 4 Miles: 63
Week 5 Miles: 47
Week 6 Miles: 71
Week 7 Miles:  16
Total Miles Ridden: 395 

Time is flying so fast; there are only five weeks left in this session of WFMH.  In some ways it seems like it just started.  Yet in other ways I feel like I’ve changed so much, which is the point, so that’s a good thing!

Here is a brief rundown of how things are going:

Exercise:  I’ve actually hit a groove where exercise feels like the new normal.  I think it’s awesome that it doesn’t feel like a chore, and really notice if I haven’t gotten enough.  I like the way it makes me feel, and I like the weight loss, so it’s all good :-)  My only exercise issue at this time is a wicked upper respiratory infection that has kept me out of breath and not doing much bike riding.  The combination of chest cold and asthma has kept my mileage pretty low this past week, but I’m not too worried.  I’ll keep on peddling next week.

Nutrition:  Honestly, I feel like a broken record here, but I feel like eating well has become a part of me.  I rarely have any food around the house that isn’t reasonably healthy, and I rarely crave really bad things.  Part of this can be attributed to my Bodybugg; it’s hard to crave cake when you can see exactly how long it’s going to take to burn those calories! 

Extras:  Outside of being sick, I feel great.  I’m so glad I did this challenge, and Sara, Mike and Karen have been ridiculously helpful and encouraging.  I’m so glad that I’m going to be participating in the next challenge also, as I don’t think I’m entirely  ready to ‘fly solo’, but I do feel healthy and strong and ready to keep up the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment